Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I've been snubbed

When I got home, Ethan was far away in dreamland. When he woke up he was typically fussy, so we sat him down in the high chair and prepared (opened a container) of pureed peas. Ethan wasn't impressed. He normally likes peas, but right now he simply didn't want any.

As he cried, I thought I would sneak in a few more bites while his mouth was open since his fussiness is sometimes remedied with such tactics. But he definitely didn't want peas, and cried all the more to prove it.

So I unbuckled him from the high chair and held him to calm him down- which also didn't work. Handing him to his momma was like flipping a switch. He immediately quieted down and sucked on his pacifier as he glared at me through his star-shaped eyelashes now wet from tears.

"Hi, Ethan!" I said with a smile, and he quickly turned the other way to stare in the opposite direction. Of course, momma thought this was just hilarious! So I tried it once more, sneaking up behind momma and popping up with a playful "Boo!" He snapped back the other way to avoid me!

Oh well, I guess he wasn't in the mood to eat OR play. He just wanted to be held by his momma while he shakes off the groggy effects of his nap.

I'm sure he'll be babbling in no time and rolling a ball across the floor with his dad. I can wait... :)

3 comments:

  1. He sure showed you! Feeding him peas.... ;-) Makes me feel better about him refusing my homemade peas. Maybe it wasn't my cooking but the vegetable itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, poor Garrett! Welcome to parenthood. Sometimes you're popular with your kids...and sometimes not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry, in 10 years Mom will be the annoying one and you'll be the super cool video game Dad. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! It makes my day!