So with the ice storm that hit last Tuesday the water pipes burst in the laundry facility at our apartment complex. A full week later all three laundry rooms are still out of commission and the doors are locked (can't even use the dryers). The thought of going to an off-site laundromat did cross my mind but since I only have $1.50 in quarters and Garrett has had my car this week and been working long hours we just haven't made it to the bank for more quarters. We do have a flexi-card with money on it that works the machines at the apartment so I kept thinking "one more day and surely they will be fixed."
Well, "one more day" turned into a week. Now we are really out of clean things to wear and Garrett has already raided the goodwill bag for the pants that he was going to donate. :-) At this point, we started to get creative. We hand washed a pair of his jeans in the kitchen sink, rolled it up in towels (twice) to remove the moisture and then hung the pants on my photography background stand and placed a fan under the pants. Worked like a charm! The pants were dry in just a mere few hours.
I'm sure this will be funny memory one day. When I have my own washer and dryer :-)

POOR Liesl! If you can use your car soon, come over to my house. You can do laundry, and Ethan and Kate can play. :)
ReplyDeleteNecessity is the Mother of Invention! ;-)
ReplyDelete