Ethan now walks everywhere. And sometimes (gasp!) he runs! Oh boy...
As far as words he recently said "Thank You" (several times) and he also said "Poop". Hmm... I better start using other words to describe his dirty diaper. That one caught me off guard and I really don't like him using such descriptive language. He said both of those words several times on the day I first heard it but now he doesn't say them anymore so I don't know if he will say them again or what. He also doesn't say Cat, Kitty, Mama or Dada anymore either so I guess those words are now boring or he's working on the next words?
As for other things that he is doing...
- For the first time ever I noticed Ethan take note of the design on his pj's. He was quite interested and kept looking at his sleeve and then at his feet. I think he must have recognized that they were faces and it caught his attention.
- Ethan noticed his shadow and walked up to it.
- My computer is always on caps lock because of this little boy. :-) He loves to walk up and pound on the keyboard.
- He keeps trying to open the front door (I keep it locked)
(I just love these toes. Ridiculously love them.)
- Ethan likes to roll balls along the window sill. Then he wants the ball back and will make little whining noises until I pull back the futon and pull the balls out from behind it.
- Ethan loves to put objects in his ball popper other than the balls. I frequently find this.
I have also had to retrieve an Easter egg, his toothbrush and I saw him trying to cram a rubber spatula into it.
-Most of the time I can get him to nap by cuddling on the couch but sometimes he insists on playing even though he's tired. On days like that, he will fall asleep like this.
- Ethan loves his Mama. He is still going through stranger anxiety and right now if I leave the room he will cry. Even if he has his Daddy holding him. Also, he will not let Daddy rock him to sleep. It has to be Mama. The upside of this is that he has been such a little snuggle bug. When he plays he likes to bring his toys to me and play while he sits in my lap (he isn't going to take a chance on me going anywhere) and he often turns to me and lays his head on my shoulder and gives me a baby hug. I know this extra attention is a fleeting phase so I'm soaking it up while I can.
Happy 13 months baby boy!









How sweet that he'll fall asleep playing like that! That pic is too cute. Love all your shots; the close-up details are nice.
ReplyDeleteWhat a super sweet little man! You are lucky to have such a snuggler. Lily would never do any of that! Beautiful pictures too. I love the shots of him on his toes.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
ReplyDelete