Thursday, October 10, 2013

Landon: 13 month mini-update



Landon,

Just as soon as I wrote your last post you decided to change not even one day later. By the second day you had continued to change even more and now just a third day later I'm just going to write a little mini-update. Waiting till your 14 month post just seems to long.


  • For one thing we went in for your allergy testing and found that you have gained 2 pounds and 2 inches since your 12 month well baby visit. This might explain why a onesie that you just wore and was a little baggy was tight the next time you wore it. I knew there was no way it could have shrunk but I was second guessing the plausibility of it because it just didn't seem like you could have grown so much and so rapidly!
  • Speaking of allergy testing, you are allergic to eggs and a little bit allergic to almonds. We were told not to practice strict avoidance with almonds because you don't seem to be very allergic and we want you to outgrow it. For eggs we are avoiding eggs in their whole form and as an ingredient in things with one exception. The exception is that once a week I'm supposed to give you a muffin that has been baked at 350 degrees and has only the egg yoke of one egg in it. If you tolerate it then the next week I add 1 tsp of the egg white and continue each week until you react then we stop, take one step back and stay at that step for a few weeks. In six months we will take you back for re-testing.
  • You have started signing the word for "all done" when you are finished eating.
  • I forgot to mention this a month or two ago but you are excellent at retrieving your toys out from under furniture. Also, you showed me that you know how to plug in a light (correctly) and open the lid off a large bottle of paint. 
  • Two days ago you were playing in your room when you discovered your baby keys in your toy bin and you made an "Ah ha" type noise and crawled straight out of the room. I followed you a moment later and found you standing at the front door systematically trying each of the colored plastic keys on your baby key ring. When you had exhausted every key by banging them against the door knob, you took a few steps over to the other door knob and started the process over. 
  • You discovered your shadow while you were taking 6 steps across the kitchen floor. You bent down to get a closer look and started playing with your shadow, 
  • You have begun making sound effects when you play with toys (or non-toys) that you are making fly around or move like a car. It's very deliberate  and you have done it multiple times with different things. One time it was a water bottle that you were making blast off and fly through the air like a rocket (something you have seen Ethan and I do). Another time it was a block that you turned into a rocket and then later the block became a car with a vroom sound effect. I'm not the only one who has noticed you doing this either. I can't believe how old this makes you seem.
  • When your brother had a friend over and was playing "coffee" with the ponies/plates/cups/play food you picked up a pony of your own and started feeding it play food as well. (even though they weren't really crazy about you joining in)
  • You discovered playing in the toilet and shredding toilet paper. I wish I could say this was a one-time thing but it hasn't been.
  • You have also begun tickling your brother back. It's pretty funny!

Kiddo, I'm sure that this month is going to bring plenty of new adventures. You are still the laid back kid that is super chill acting even at the doctor's office but that doesn't mean that you are idle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! It makes my day!