"You know what, Mom? You know what? I just love when we do something new!"
You said those words to me after a frustrating art activity. We were working on your fine motor skills and you were getting pretty upset that you couldn't get things perfectly every time. We worked through it and eventually turned to finger painting (which is a miracle that you let paint get on your hands) but I had wondered if it was all worth it to bring out the paint and come up with a new activity. Then, not 30 minutes later as we were snuggling on the couch and working through those feelings you said those words to me. It made everything worth it. I was so glad to hear that in hind-sight, you enjoyed it. You were glad we did something new. It makes me want to keep working up new ways to teach you and get you out of your comfort zone.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love getting comments! It makes my day!