Oh, Ethan! You are sooo.......cute. I said the beginning part of this phase the other day in exasperation and you looked at me and grinned and finished it with the word 'cute' as if it was the proper way to finish my unfinished sentence. I couldn't help but smile as I held back my laugh. You were being so mischievous and had made a huge mess and I was a loss for words. But you reminded me that despite it all, you are cute, and you are three. I find these kind of messes a lot. It seems like every time I turn around or go into a room I find something. Whether it be big, like dancing and throwing popcorn around in the living room, or pretzels in Landon's room or small like walking into my bathroom every day and finding the lower part of the linen closet emptied so that it can become your "spaceship". And making my bed? Well, this is what happens when I do that. I haven't decided if making my bed is worthwhile or not. ;-)
But all of the messes aside, in their own way they are FUN. I may not always feel that way in the moment, but your enthusiasm and adventure as you explore is fun to behold. I might not admit it to you, but more often than not you make me laugh in secret. You are such a fun little imp and your antics sure make life so much richer! I think I'll be a little bit sad when you are no longer three, and half-grown and my house is clean....
---------------------------------
This month I'm linking up on a blog circle with some of my
photographer mom friends. These ladies are good friends who I've been
fortunate to form friendships with as we share our photography journey. Next up on our blog circle is Laura who also has two small boys.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love getting comments! It makes my day!