On day 3 we drove around the island to explore and look at all the beach houses. We always enjoy looking at the bright colored houses and pointing out the ones that are architecturally interesting. At one point we got out to walk around and look at all the seaweed that had washed ashore. (At this point I switched back to using the DSLR)

Taking a picture of Morgan taking a picture of Astrid. :-) Astrid is so good natured to put up with Morgan and I whipping out our cameras and asking her to pose for us. Seriously, 'Strid, thanks for putting up with us!

Watch those funny faces sister, I have a fast shutter. ;-)
Astrid says I like flying rodents. (In response to my favorite birds being Seagulls and Grackles)

Afterwards we went to Moody Gardens to see the aquarium.
I don't have any pictures of fish, but I do have a few pictures of an active little boy. Ethan was facinated with the lighting.
Dancing in the "shark cage".
Later that evening we stopped off at the tip of the island so that we could look for shells and watch the ships go by.
This shell was inhabited and as soon as the crab poked his head out to see what was going on he ducked back into the shell and started to blow bubbles.
My Mom and sisters picked up 26 different neat shells that appeared not to be inhabited.

I say "appeared" because when we got back to the hotel we heard a scratching noise from the bucket of shells in the bathroom. We found a crab and set him aside to return to the ocean. A little later we heard another one, and another....until as the evening went on we realized that we had 26 hermit crabs. That's right, every single shell had a crab in it!





















No comments:
Post a Comment
I love getting comments! It makes my day!