Friday, July 29, 2011

Canvas for a Cause: 2011



This painting is Garrett's 2011 entry for "Canvas for a Cause". It's an annual charity event hosted by his employer, Reel FX, that auctions off 10x10 canvasses painted by the creative folks that work there. Each painting has a price tag of $60, all of which is donated to the Dallas Children's Medical Center.

Despite being in "crunch time" at work and working 15 hr days (and Saturdays!), Garrett managed to pull this off the night before it was due (in true Garrett fashion) keeping him up to 3am!

Here is Garrett's entry from last year, which was also completed the night before it was due. ;-)



If you're in the Dallas area this time next year, you should definitely come to this event and check out some really great artwork!

1 comment:

  1. His entry this year is AWESOME! I want to know how he achieved the special dripping effects!
    Btw, you need to let Garrett know that I'm still waiting for my picture... ;o)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! It makes my day!