Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas Magic


Landon has been sick now for 7 days and Ethan has had two evenings where he felt sick. We were unable to go into Abilene to visit with my family, but my Dad drove in with Christmas presents and visited with us for a little bit instead.

He came in wearing a Santa hat and then when he greeted Ethan and Landon, he pulled it off and started pulling Dinosaurs out of his hat. Three times he pulled off his hat again and two more dinosaurs came out. It was the best "Christmas Magic" for two sick little boys.


The next morning, Ethan started talking about the night before and Grand Daddy's visit. He said, "Wasn't it funny how Grand Daddy kept pulling dinosaurs out of his Christmas Hat? It was like Christmas Magic! I want to give some Christmas magic back to Grand Daddy and Grammy. Can I put something in MY Christmas hat to take off and keep pulling up for Grand Daddy?"

I noticed those prized dinosaurs clutched in the hands of cartoon watching little boys this morning. Last night, Grand Daddy's Christmas Magic made Landon smile, play, stand on his head, and act normal. He's acting pitiful again, but I'm glad he had an evening of Christmas magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! It makes my day!