On Tuesday we went to the Arboretum with friends. Ethan LOVES the Arboretum. He gets so excited when we pull into the parking lot.
Today however he bypassed the pumpkin patch and ran over to the nearby vendor who had a bucket of pinwheels next to his cart. He fell in love with those shiny spinning wheels and was entranced. I brought him back over to where our friends were and he ran straight back. The third time he abandoned his friends for the pinwheels the man behind the vendor cart said "I hope you know you are going to eventually have to get one for him". I had already come to this conclusion and was reaching for my wallet.
Best $2.14 ever. Little boy was in love and was very happy and cooperative the rest of the day. In fact, three days later he is STILL attached to his pinwheel.

He was so excited about his new treasure that my shy little boy ran up to everyone he saw waving his pinwheel and jabbering away. After they smiled and chuckled he would wave bye bye to them as they walked away and then run up to another person.
He has already tried to take it to bed with him at nap time. Twice.
For the past three days the first thing he has done when he wakes up in the morning and at nap time is run over to where I've been keeping his pinwheel and ask for it.

And then he carries it with him all day and all evening. Its in one hand while he plays and he rarely sets it down. He'll walk around spinning it and blowing on it and occasionally he runs to the front door so that we can go outside with it. And of course we take it with us on our stroller walks.

** Update ** Here we are almost 2 weeks later (and I'm finally finishing up this post) and he'll put the pinwheel down to play with other toys but he still asks for it every day. A couple of times he has pulled the wheel off the stick and I've had to fix it for him. I can't believe that it is still going strong and in decent condition after everything he has put it through!




WOW! He really has hung onto that thing! Neat pictures, too - I love the first two at the Arboretum. The flare in the upper left corner is neat! Do you think the pinwheel reflection played a part in that?
ReplyDeleteThis is an age to cherish. The simplest things make them so happy! He is truly excited by his new pinwheel and it shows in the pictures. <3
ReplyDelete