Friday, December 21, 2012

Chinese Lantern Festival


Last weekend the four of us went to the Chinese Lantern Festival. It was so neat! Much neater in person than my photos convey. I took a few (well a lot) of snapshots while I was there but I didn't focus on trying to capture the whole event- I just wanted to enjoy it. So while I do have a lot of photos, I didn't photograph everything- it was massive. So this isn't really a spoiler if you were thinking of going.


The scale of these lanterns was massive. Take note of the people in these photos for reference. 


One of the most elaborate 'lanterns' was a huge dragon made out of about 15,000 china dishes.













 

I made up a storyboard of photos so that this post wouldn't be so long but then my storyboard isn't uploading the way it should. So I'm just going to upload the photos as is. Sorry for the picture overload!





 
 
The lagoon was by far our favorite.

 
 
It was a magical atmosphere with music, lots of people, and neat vendors. Ethan was just as spellbound as we were and Landon slept the entire time.







One of my other favorites was the Peach Orchard. It was massive!


 


It was a really neat experience. If you're interested in going yourself it'll be around for two more weeks. http://www.chineselanternfestival.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! It makes my day!