Monday, July 23, 2012

Twinkle twinkle little star...

Lately our little boy has started stalling at bedtime (as well as nap time). He wants to read every book on his bookcase and he comes up with reasons that he needs us to come back into the room. Instead of his regular easy 7:30 bedtime, its usually 8:30/9pm before he actually goes down and stays down for the night.

A few months ago we purchased a video monitor when we transitioned him to his toddler bed. It is so helpful being able to peek in on him! I wondered what he was pointing to on the wall so I went to go check on him.

(by the way, he knows we can see him because when I was in the room with him he turned to the video monitor camera, waved, and said "Hi, DaDEE!")


He had gotten his turtle night light out and was projecting stars on the wall and singing twinkle twinkle little star. I'm sure the fact that its still light out when he goes down for the night doesn't help him want to sleep.


My firm parenting resolve went out the window and I stayed to play with him for a while. Sweet little moments.


After singing him goodnight again I checked and saw a telltale green glow on the monitor...yep, not technically out of bed but not sleeping.



 More twinkle twinkle singing.





Finally after going in a third time he was laying in bed crying. He had put the night light back on the floor next to his bed but the light was in his eyes. I turned it off and he went right to sleep. Success?

It sure is fun to see things through his eyes and share in his enthusiasm. :-)

2 comments:

  1. My heart is melting. That's the sweetest story. :) Enjoy these perfect moments with your little angel. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! :) As for the room not being dark, try a heavy duty black trash bag. I cut one to fit the girls' window and it has done WONDERS! Looking forward to seeing y'all soon, looks like I'll be staying in Waxahachie for the week since they are throwing Leland a surprise bday dinner the next weekend. So worst case scenario I'll grab dinner and bring it to the house like I did last time during the middle of the week! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! It makes my day!