Thursday, October 6, 2011

There was the crunch crunch of Kix underfoot...

... and then he started to make "Kix angels" in the mess.

I tried to play hardball with my child today. All he has wanted to eat lately is Kix cereal, bananas, and milk. All other foods have ended up on the floor (with the exception of a couple of sweet potato fries that he slowly nibbled on). So I decided he couldn't have bananas or cereal today and he could have a small sippy cup of milk otherwise he could have as much water, strawberries, beans, broccoli, corn pasta, corn, peas, cheese, sweet potatoes etc that he might want. Well, he's either tenacious or just didn't think that I understood his wishes because he grabbed a banana off the counter, tried to break into it by hitting it on the floor and then he brought it to me (and I put it back). He tried this again. He also pointed to the milk when I opened the fridge and signed "more". Later as I was packing his bag with food so that we could head out the door to playgroup he decided he would take matters into his own hands again. I was in the dining room packing his bag when he ran into the kitchen and was out of sight for a second (I figured there wasn't much he could do) when suddenly I heard an ominous scattering sound. I ran to peek into the kitchen and found him making "snow angles" in the spilled Kix cereal.


So like any good parent I grabbed the camera off the dining room table and returned to take a photo of this:


Apparently he figured since I didn't understand that he was asking for cereal, he would just get it himself. I had no idea that he could reach the full box of cereal on the counter.

Oh Ethan... I tried not to laugh but holding it in I laughed silent tears.

He saw me taking his picture so he ran over and started to put the cereal back in the box. Nice try kid. Eek! I'm pretty sure I still haven't gotten all the cereal out from under the stove, fridge, and dishwasher.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like he had fun! You'll be finding Kix in the kitchen for a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have been there to see this! I'm afraid I would have been an awful role model though because I wouldn't have been able to keep from laughing out loud!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! It makes my day!