Monday, May 9, 2011

House Photos!



Several of you asked for house photos so I decided to swallow my pride and post photos of our house as-is. Normally the thought of posting photos of my house with cluttered surfaces and piles of partially unpacked boxes would give me the heebie jeebies but I figured I'd better do it now while it still has been relatively recent since our move (while I still have an excuse. haha!)  ;-)  We haven't hung everything on the walls yet and some of the decor will ultimately change but here are the photos. If I wait for the house to look perfect it could be a looong time. ;-)


Garrett can't wait to bring in more dirt and put down sod. But since we also want to landscape it and add some accent lighting at the same time, I think this will have to be a project for next spring.


The room to the left is the computer room (third bedroom) and the room to the right is Ethan's room.


Door detail from the inside.


Living room (I was standing in the doorway to the Master bedroom)



The doorway shown to the right of the entry is the third bedroom (computer room). Next to the computer room is the bathroom and hall closet.


Dining room


Dining room. The area with the ball pit will eventually have a small desk and computer (down the road....sometime when we have more kids).


Standing in living room looking into the kitchen. I love that when I am in the kitchen I can see the dining, living, and entry. (I also love the kitchen skylight!)


Standing in the dining room looking into the kitchen.



 Kitchen appliance storage, bulk items, and cat food/water


 Best part of the whole house, the washer and dryer closet! (oh how I missed having a washer and dryer!)


Remember how I said that there was a bathroom next door to the computer room? Here it is. This is the guest/kids bathroom.


 The door trim is NOT blue. It is white. This photo wouldn't color balance because of the colors in the shower curtain. (I love the bathroom skylight)



 I love the bathroom tile.


 Computer room. Right now it has the most boxes (last room on my to-do list)


 Ethan's room. This room is directly to the left of the entry (opposite the computer and bathroom). I love his bay window. (I will post updated photos of the bedrooms once they are finished. E's room is done except for hanging pictures so it will be posted soon)


 Master bedroom. Almost has as many boxes as the computer room. ;-)


Sink area (and door to the bathroom) off of the Master bedroom. I love having a skylight in here.


Walk-in closet.



Backyard views. Our backyard is cut up into two smaller sections. Each side is accessible by a sliding door. This view is the side off of the dining room.



Backyard view accessible from the Master bedroom. ( I was standing on the concrete patio slab. This is where our patio furniture currently is)



 The previous owners built this part of the yard up, leveled it, and put down sand and a few patio tiles. We think we might want to eventually finish this patio out along with the fence and then move our patio furniture down to this end.


House Stats:

3 Bedrooms
2 Baths
1 Dining
1 Living
2 car garage
1300 Sq ft 
Built in 1981.

We all love our new home!

4 comments:

  1. The house looks great! I am impressed that you already have it so organized! Hope you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, this is the first time your blog has allowed me to leave a comment in ages! The kitties look so at home in this photo. Btw, I love how roomy your house feels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Moring family! What a great house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! Any house - old or new, takes work to make it a home.=0) You are very blessed and it looks like Ethan has some space outside to run around and play. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! It makes my day!