You just turned 16 (months) and you already drove your car through the house! ;-) All of a sudden you have become very interested in riding toys. Sometimes you need help being pushed forward but its so much fun to watch you smile. I put away your car at night and in the morning you go into your closet and sit on it. :-)
You love playing on the tile. Its hard to say which room is your favorite to play in though. You love our new house!
Chasing your "pull back" car under the furniture.
You love playing with your cars!
This isn't really new, but you love setting toys up on surfaces (and then later you retrieve them). See Little Bear in the top left corner? I find toys everywhere...on top of the trash can, tables, bookcase, etc.
You got tired of being contained in your pack 'n play turned ball pit so your swimming pool is now the new ball pit.
Playing with fridge magnets and wearing your backpack (empty)
You like to put on your backpack (funny kid!) Makes you look so much older but thank goodness you have Ghost Bear with you to keep you from looking too old. The backpack is the new (smaller) diaper bag replacement. Its too hard to chase you with the gigantic diaper bag swinging at my side. Plus your lunch box didn't fit in your diaper bag and now that we are adding dairy free margarine to all your food and bringing cut up fruit with us for your meals on the go I need to use a lunch box to keep things insulated and cold.
We'll see how well this system works. My old backpack from college was just too big. The larger the purse or bag that I carry the more stuff I tend to bring. You look pretty cute in your backpack. Time will tell on if you get to keep it to carry around your toys or if its gets used as a diaper bag as planned.
Stepping on the Chex cereal that you just threw from your highchair.
You love refrigerator magnets. You now have your own toddler barnyard magnets because you were getting too frustrated with Mommy and Daddy's magnets. They were too strong and hard to pull of the fridge.
You love Rice Chex. They have become your replacement snack for the Gerbers Little Crunchies and you even get excited enough to dance when you see them. I left them on the table and you surprised me by being able to reach them and get them down.
I watched you get into the box and put your entire arm in so that you could pull out a handful of cereal.
Cars and bubbles, two things you love!
You also love to play outside. You like walking up and down the sloped driveway, stepping up and down from the driveway to the grass, stepping over the hose, and banging on the garage door. So many fun things to do!
At 16 months you:
Weigh 23 lbs (around 1.5 lbs less than last month but we are working on it)
Have 15 teeth
Wear size 18 month clothes and size 4 shoes
Like to look for airplanes and helicopters
Like to stack blocks and play with cars and balls
Wave bye bye. In fact, one day at playgroup you started waving bye bye to your friends when you were ready to go. I could tell that you were tired and you asked me to pick you up and then you started waving. I thought it was cute that you let me know that you were ready to leave and waved unprompted.
Love you times a million, baby boy!

























My heart melts whenever I see pictures of Ethan. Thank you for keeping this blog and taking such beautiful pictures. I feel like I get to see him more often than I really do. I love you!
ReplyDeleteHe's SO handsome! Reminds me of Garrett the way you say he likes cars and planes and such. :)
ReplyDelete