Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Disappointment

Today I saw disappointment on my baby's face. Ethan loves the Gerber Lil' Crunchies snacks. I buy them pretty infrequently though because he can down half a container in one sitting if you let him and he doesn't like to eat anything else if he knows that I have crunchies with me. I usually reserve them for special occasions like eating out when his grandparents are in town. Well, I was going through the pantry and had a container of Gerber Wagon Wheels sitting on the table (which Ethan does not like) and Ethan saw them and mistook the container for the crunchy container (the containers look the same, just different label).  He got so excited. He started dancing around, smiling and reaching for the container. He couldn't contain his excitement. I picked up the container and opened it to show him what was inside and he reached his hand forward and then froze and slowly pulled it back as he looked up at me with a look of disappointment and bewilderment. I felt SO BAD! He didn't cry or fuss, he just looked so disappointment that it broke my heart. I told Garrett the story through a text message and his response was:

" :-(
he needs some crunchies
he loves them
(I'm going to be a push-over)"

That's how I felt too. If he didn't dislike the grocery store I would have loaded him up in the car right then. Instead we played and I know that he's fine but this was the first real time I noticed him experience disappointment.

Don't worry about Ethan though, his Daddy said that he's going to drop by the grocery store on the way home from work and surprise him with a container. ;-) (yeah, yeah, I know, we're pushovers!)

2 comments:

  1. That's really cute! I'm glad Ethan got his crunchies last night. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara feels the EXACT same way about those things :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! It makes my day!