Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Traveling Man

Wow, this post has taken me three days to complete! As soon as I would sit down at the computer, Ethan would decide to fuss. Usually he's content to be cradled in my lap while I am typing one handed at the computer. However, the past few days he's really enjoyed laying on my shoulder and looking around. Which of course requires two hands. :-) Hey, if he won't do tummy time, then this is the next best thing!

Anyways though, what's new with us? On Friday two things happened: 1) Ethan had a massive blowout diaper and required an emergency bath. 2) I got my first direct smile from Ethan! After I got him all cleaned up he rewarded me by making eye contact and then smiling! Way to go Ethan! Of course this made me not mind the blowout, resulting laundry, and bath at all. :-)

Saturday the three of us decided to go for a walk around Deep Ellum and visit the "Traveling Man" statues. I also went shopping for a pair of non-maternity jeans on Saturday as well. That was... interesting. Jean shopping is always "fun" and shopping for jeans after having a baby was even MORE fun. Oh well, I survived! I may just have to cut the tags out of my jeans so I can forget the size. ;-)

Here are some pictures from our weekend!

There are three "Traveling Man" statues situated around the DART rail in downtown.

"Awakening"














"Walking Tall"

























































"Waiting on a Train "

































































The three of us. :-)


















































3 comments:

  1. That last picture is just too cute!!! I'm so glad you keep a blog, it makes me feel like I have a way to connect with my nephew even though I'm so far away :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Morgan! I'm glad you feel that way. Our hope was to keep friends and family up to date so they can watch him grow and feel like they didn't have to miss out on it even though they are far away. Also, it serves as a digital scrapbook for us too. :-) It's fun! (and it gives me an outlet for all the hundreds of photos that I've taken of E.)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! It makes my day!