Thursday, March 18, 2010

A little sad

I just packed away some more of my baby's 0-3 month sized clothes. He still has a few 0-3 month outfits that he fits into but he fits everything perfectly at this point. I feel a little sad. Garrett was incredulous when he saw me pick up his favorite outfit to pack away. He didn't believe me at first when I said it was too small until I held it up for him to look at. We didn't even have to hold it up to Ethan, he knew right away it was too small. It's hard to believe that these 0-3 month clothes used to be too big on Ethan. I didn't have a problem with the fact that my baby is already 2 months old until I started putting away laundry and culling through his clothes. *sigh*

On the other hand, I love having a two month old. He has slept through the night twice this week (YAY!) and he is smiling a whole lot more. I think he is more fun at this age than he was when he was just two weeks old and we were still trying to figure him out. Back then I wanted him to grow up a little bit faster so that I could find my bearing and figure the kid out (I was pretty tired). Now that I've adjusted I'd like the time to go just a little bit slower...please?

Last night I put my favorite PJ's on him....and they didn't fit. The poor baby couldn't straighten out his legs. I had always intended to take a picture of him wearing them because they were my favorite pair but I somehow never got around to it (which is pretty amazing considering how many pictures I take). I quickly took a few pictures before I took the PJ's off and packed them away. Goodbye rhino footies.... I'll miss you.
































My maternity leave is over in 11 days. I seriously don't know where the time has gone. :-(

1 comment:

  1. I understand exactly how you feel! At least you realize how fast it is going...just cherish every moment. He is so precious...I can't wait to see him again. Will ya'll be back in April?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! It makes my day!