When we arrived in Red River it was a beautiful 65 degrees outside. It was amazing to leave our 100 plus degree Texas weather behind! The next four days we had fun hiking, geocaching, jeeping, sightseeing, etc. We ate out during the day and took turns cooking at night. Hailey's parents have a vacation home in Red River which we all stayed at. It was great having everyone under one roof! (Thanks Chamness Family!)
What can I say about such a beautiful and fun vacation? I think I'm going to have to do it pictorially. Here it goes:
Day 1 (first full day in Red River):

This is a photo taken from the neighborhood where we were staying. Isn't it beautiful?

Here we are at one of the many shops that we looked at in town. I'm definitely looking pregnant here.

Beautiful handmade jewelry done by local Native Americans. This was one of our favorite shops.

View of the river from one of our daily hikes.

Look at how clear that river water is!

Another river view (photo courtesy of Morgan)



We found a little chapel in the mountains. It was built by a man for his wife on their 50th wedding anniversary. Neither Morgan or I really got a complete picture of the chapel- not sure why! (These three photos by Morgan)

(from left to right) Hailey, Adam, Astrid, Garrett.


My parents

My shutterbug Sister, Morgan.

My handsome Husband.

Dad laughing at something one of the boys said.

Adam teaching Astrid how to play a spirited game of stick Frisbee.


Garrett and I wrapped up the first day with an evening walk along the river trail. It was neat to see the wildlife! (No bear sightings)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love getting comments! It makes my day!