Landon is obsessed with lights right now. I know all kids like turning on and off the light switch and enjoy flashlights, but he is really really obsessed. Lights to Landon are like Pumpkins are to Ethan.
He has to find and turn on and off the light switches anytime we go to someone's house. We keep a baby gate on our bedroom door to keep Landon away from our lamps (he keeps unscrewing the knobs on the switch) and we have had to remove the lamp in his bedroom because he won't stop climbing to reach it. One day he ran out of his room holding his lamp in his hands (until he ran out of slack in the cord)
We also can no longer let him play with real flashlights because he keeps taking them apart! The kid one we have isn't as much fun but whenever we try again to let him use our flashlights he tinkers with them and does more than just unscrew the back. He bites off the rubber knobs and on one flashlight he got it down to the circuit board and LED light and was trying to puzzle out how it works. (it was a cool light with different flashing modes)
It's not just the lit-up lights that he wants either. He also asks us for light bulbs. He went nuts in the light bulb section of the store and kept reaching for a flood light bulb saying "I have it? I have it??". And I caught him trying to get a burnt out bulb from the trash.
He also loves to pretend to turn the lights off in his book illustrations! He especially loves the lamp in "Good Night Moon". He pretends to turn the light off each time that illustration comes up.
Anyone have any recommendations for a fun, 2 year old proof light?



Sounds like he wants to become an electrician or something. I don't know.
ReplyDelete