Thursday, August 14, 2014

Vacation! Virginia Trip: 8/14/13 and 8/15/13

8/14/13

At the National Zoo. It was hot and we were pushing the stroller uphill for most of it. It was neat but nothing like our Texas Zoos ;-)






8/15/13

Garrett, Landon, my Dad and I went for a scenic drive into the Shenandoah Mountains. Ethan gets carsick so my Mom stayed home with Ethan and they had a special day together.



I was in love with the mountain views...they were amazing!


  





It was a beautiful day. It was a several hour drive each way so after a morning of driving and driving around the mountain top we continued on a little ways to a scenic little town to eat lunch.






The church yard had some very old graves. It's sobering to realize how easily whole families of children used to succumb to illness.


Bank building. I love how stately old bank buildings are.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! It makes my day!