Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thanksgiving! (late post)

Okay, I know this post is a bit late, but I started it and then it sort of went on hold for a while. :0)

For Thanksgiving this year Garrett and I went to Abilene. It was great to be in Abilene again- Last time Garrett and I were both there together was the 4th of July. The day after thanksgiving Garrett and my Dad went to an all guys camp out that my Uncle Mack hosts every year on his ranch for the men in the family (and friends). They had a blast. :-) My Mom, Astrid, and I didn't do any of the early morning sales but we did stop by Hobby Lobby and Michaels for some discounted craft supplies. I bought some ribbon to decorate the baby's burp cloths. My Mom helped me decorate them and between the two of us we decorated them all!

Here is a picture of our handiwork!
























Now I'd like to take a moment to brag on my sweet husband. :0) We were out on a walk Thursday night and it was pretty cold out. I can't even come close to closing my jacket around my belly so I was holding it closed with one hand. Garrett stopped and switched coats with me and he wore my coat instead. There is something about seeing your man wearing a woman's jacket so that you can wear his and stay warm that makes your heart melt. It was definitely a falling in love with him all over again moment.

Sunday night we got back home and pulled out our Christmas tree! I like to get the Christmas tree up as soon as possible after Thanksgiving so that we can maximize our Christmas tree time. Of course our cats helped in the process!

















Garrett putting up lights.


















Bailey and Garrett

Here are two photos from last year- the cats did the same thing this year but I didn't take any pictures of their light string shenanigans.
























Of course Bailey (unlike Beau) is careful not to get caught chewing lights on film. :0) He's a good cat.

1 comment:

  1. Of course, that's just a fraction of the burp clothes we decorated! Omg, seeing them is giving me flashbacks!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! It makes my day!