So our OB decided to grab the ultra-sound machine to check up on the kiddo. Now, I have to say that our last round of ultra-sound imagery was cool because Liesl could see the little heartbeat flicker on the monitor. But this time, we could actually make out all the baby's major features! I was quite impressed, especially since I had never seen one these ultra-sound scans in person. When it's happening in real-time on the screen, you can easily make out the baby's shape while they move and jump around. I was amazed!
Anyway, I know it may seem like old news to some of you, but this was a pretty cool experience for me. :) I never knew they would be so limber at this early stage! That kid would jump up then float back down in reaction to the poking and prodding, I assume. Pretty cool stuff.
Here's a few stills from today's visit, which don't do it justice, but it's all we got. Can't they give us a movie file from the scan?? That would be nice.



This last image includes only the arm, hand, and fingers. Apparently the ultra-sound machine takes a thin slice projection area of the uterus so we couldn't see everything at the same time. Still, it was pretty amazing seeing such intricate features already in development.
Now it's just 8 weeks to go before we take a shot at finding out the gender!
Hey if I'm a follower of your blog then how come I don't get an email saying you've "blogged?" And I want a countdown thingy on my blog how and where do you do that? :) Gotta love your computer-illiterate sis-in-law! And when is your appointment to find out gender? I know this month sometime but I'm going to be calling on that day because I WANT TO KNOW ALREADY! Hope you are feeling better! Take care.
ReplyDelete