Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Project 365: A year at a glance

Whew! What a year. At times this project felt daunting. At other times it seemed so routine that I felt like I could do it forever. I wish I had a total for how many times my shutter fired during this year. I am sure it would be staggering. My computer is full. I ran out of space about a month ago and was forced to cull through folders of unedited photos in order to upload a weeks worth of new photos. I have so many other photos and events that I want to blog about that I couldn't make time for. Now that my project 365 is over I am going to go back through and try to edit and post those photos and in the process clean up my folders, back up data, and move data to other drives to make more space! I will have a photo project in 2014 but I am still deciding what that project will look like.

I am so glad that I took this project on and that I stuck with it to the end. It has been so fun to look back on and the finished product is something that I treasure. I will have to print it out into a photo book! Some events that seem so recent surprise me by being at the beginning of the year and other events I would have completely forgotten about. You never know what a year will bring and even the little things are worth celebrating and documenting. Our memories aren't made in a series of photos taken at holidays and birthdays but in the little day to day events that shape our lives, fill our hearts, and build our relationships.

If you have ever seriously thought about doing a 365 just do it. Jump in and own it. However, be prepared that it is a LOT of work! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Liesl! Fantastic job. I loved each one of your images as they popped up each week in my feeder, but to see them all together in a collage is a whole different kind of awesome! Definitely print these out in a photo book - your boys will love it. One of the things I like best about your photography is your creativity. Your perspectives are so varied and clever - they help turn what might otherwise be an ordinary object or moment into a very special image. Truly inspiring to me - you should be proud!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! It makes my day!