Labels
- 2013 project 365 (378)
- Cats (42)
- Ethan (531)
- Garrett (124)
- House (9)
- Landon (462)
- Monthly Update (77)
- Pregnancy (37)
- Vacation (35)
- letters to my sons (14)
- monthly mosaic (13)
- monthly photo dump (23)
- video post (12)
Friday, August 12, 2011
Croup!
Nothing is more pitiful than hearing that barking cough. :-( The kiddo caught a cold early last week and by late in the week he developed croup.
He would cough until he couldn't breathe and then he'd get upset and cry and then he would have even more trouble and we would get caught in an unhappy cycle of crying/coughing and huddling over the humidifier. After 40 minutes of crying, some throwing up, and a few episodes of Wonder Pets he started to enjoy the humidifier and get interested in it. (And yes, he did eventually knock it over and spill the entire contents in the carpet)
We had an after-hours visit to the doctor last Friday for steroids. By monday evening he was better and now he's running around good as new. I had forgotten what it was like to exist on very little sleep. I also didn't know that I could watch 5 hours of wonderpets in a row. [That's 13 episodes or 26 mini-stories with the theme song played about 3 times per story.] Now I'm busy trying to get caught up on blogging/photo editing/cleaning/life. Glad to have my happy boy back! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Poor Ethan! I'm glad he's feeling better.
ReplyDelete