Wednesday, September 22, 2010

8 month update

I feel like Ethan has changed a lot since he turned 8 months last week. He now has six teeth (instead of 4). Four are on the top and two are on the bottom.















He likes to grind his upper and lower teeth together. Eeek!






















He had a growth spurt and now weighs 20.7 lbs. Look how big he has gotten! I now put him in the exersaucer seat backwards so that he can't get out as easily. (otherwise its at waist level and he's figured out how to jump and lean over to dump himself out.)






















He still likes to wear his bib backwards
















His army crawl has improved drastically. He is fast! He will crawl from one end of the apartment to the other over and over and over again. He is one busy boy!






















Not only that, but he likes to take his toys along with him when he crawls. This toy is one of his favorite to chew on as he crawls.






















He also loves crawling all over Mom and Dad.






















Instead of cuddling, he prefers to pretend we are part of an obstacle course! (he still cuddles at nap time...but he's not my little cuddle baby anymore!)












































His mind is constantly working and he is curious (and getting into) about everything.






















He finally has figured out the sippy cup but he has yet to drink very much out of it. I don't know if its too difficult or if he just isn't really thirsty.















Thank goodness for spill proof sippy cups!















Ethan crawling through a toy with a doorway at playgroup. He loves playing with other kids.















Ethan has been getting picky about eating his pureed food. I've been mixing flavors together and adding oatmeal/rice cereal to thicken it up and that seems to help. I figured that as an intro to eating solids, I'd let him try some puffed baby cereal.


Chewing Bites from Liesl Moring on Vimeo.

Crawling from Liesl Moring on Vimeo.


Also he is starting to pull up on everything and likes to hold onto the wall/edge of the furniture.
























This new crawling phase is fun but also exhausting....time for me to get to bed!

5 comments:

  1. Loved all the pictures, the videos are AWESOME! They truly made me laugh out loud, all his faces from the puffy cereal and then his spastic side-winder crawl! (I'm assuming the speed was sped up a bit.) Love the updates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, Liesl, all the photos of Ethan make my day! I love the videos since I haven't gotten to see him crawl yet! Those pictures of Ethan crawling with the toy in his mouth really do remind me of his Aunt Morgan! I wonder what he would think of the "pig"? Your blog is the next best thing to actually being there 24/7.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cutie pie! We have that same exersaucer-did you know you can raise it? That might help the crawling out issue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...what a fun stage! Enjoy it tired Mom! Looks like ya'll are doing great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, love it, love it!!!! Grandma's can't get enough. Next best thing to having Ethan in my arms. Keep up the great work! Oh, and keep Garrett's nose to the grindstone. (Boy is that an old fashioned term or what?)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! It makes my day!