Fast Facts:
Name: Ethan Garrett Moring
Weight: 7 lbs, 13 oz.
Length: 20"
Time stamp: 1-12-10, 10:28am
Toes: 10
Fingers: 10
Special Powers: Can sleep through a hurricane (unconfirmed)
Well, the day finally came at last. I told him last night he needed to come out, but I didn't expect he'd listen. This could be a good sign, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Liesl did a great job and she and Ethan are doing fine. I'm so proud of her!
After her water broke at 4:40am this morning, we gathered up whatever wasn't already packed in the car and headed to the hospital. By the time we got checked in, Liesl was already entering the transition phase of labor (the bad stuff!). In about one hour she was ready to start pushing, which lasted a bit longer than expected. 3 hrs later, with a little vacuum assistance, Ethan made his debut.*
It didn't take long to get him all cleaned up. He got all his tags and anti-theft device strapped on and was soon wrapped up tight in a blanket and sporting a snazzy beanie cap as well. Everybody says your own baby is always the cutest baby you've seen... and this was definitely the cutest baby I've seen! But then, I haven't seen that many babies. :)
It was a pretty surreal experience, and I'm certain the gravity of the event has yet to sink in. Liesl and I couldn't be happier to be blessed with a healthy child and to be starting our parenting adventures together with a new member of the family. Our lives are about to change drastically in many different ways that we don't yet fathom, but that will simply become the "new normal." We look forward to the many joys & challenges that lay ahead and ask for your continued prayer and support as we take on our new roles as a family.
Fortunately, we get to start at level 1. We'll learn the ropes, figure things out, and prepare for level 2 (whatever that is!). For now, we're just enjoying holding him and keeping him fed and happy.
Pics and videos to come, so check back soon!
A great big thanks to our friends & family for your prayers & support!
* Husband's point of view is grossly understating the difficulty of this labor.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love getting comments! It makes my day!